Wednesday, April 18, 2018

New "Super Antics"...

...in MAD magazine #1! If you didn't already know, MAD has been somewhat revamped. I've got a few pages in it! I can't shared them all here, but I can give you the first few panels--


I'm pretty excited about this. I grew up in the boonies of Arkansas, and the only "culture" I saw was that in comic books, Sunday comic strips, and MAD. I honestly think elements from each of these influences show up in everything I do. When I was bored as a young kid, I would fold paper in half, staple it, and draw my own "Mad magazines". I think I might be able to find them. If so, I'll probably post a few here.

Until then, go buy a MAD #1. ON SALE NOW!

9 comments:

immaterial said...

Please tell me the Potrzebie Comics section is a comic sized newsprint insert, like the classic EC reprints they used to staple into the center of the mag in the, I think, 80's. That's the way Super Antics deserves to be presented, in all its retro glory...

Kerry Callen said...

I remember those! That would be cool. Maybe in the future?

immaterial said...

Oh, yeah: I'd buy every issue of the magazine just for the Super Antics insert. DC, you've missed a trick, but at least you've made Super Antics official. If this is going to be a regular thing, I'd love to see a Super Antics Digest, too...

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to buy this...anything to support more Super-Antics!

jason said...

I love your piece in the new MAD! Great style (and funny!). Any original pages for sale? :)

Unknown said...

I just purchases a copy and went straight to your work. Hilarious! So funny. I miss your Super Antics on here.

Nat said...

Mr Callen I saw your art so many times on the Internet and just now I found your blog! It's amazing to see your drawings and your taste of humor is something I really dig. Thank you for all the work and I wish you all the best!!

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon super antics and absolutely lo e this!!!!! Desperately trying to find MAD 1 in the UK! Please please please post your SA on your blog. They are brilliant!

Kerry Callen said...

Thanks, "Unknown"! MAD is available on Comixology all over the world, I believe. They never run out of back issues. :)